At Solana Windscreens, we know that when your windscreen is damaged it is very inconvenient.
Before we start work on repairing any windscreen, our expert windscreen repair technicians will assess the damage to your glass. They will then provide you with advice on the ideal repair option. Not all damaged glass will need to be replaced. In fact, most minor windscreen damage can be quickly repaired – this includes small scratches, chips, or cracks.
Our highly skilled team has extensive knowledge and experience working with all makes and models. This includes luxury cars and commercial vehicles. Whether your car windscreen or window has seen only slight damage or suffered a complete break, Solana Windscreens will assess the issue. We can repair or replace it in no time to increase the possibility of you getting back on the road as soon as possible.
Mobile Windscreen Repair: Quite often, it is rather unsafe to drive a vehicle with a damaged windscreen. Even if it is safe, the smallest bump can see something minor grow into a major issue. For example, a tiny crack at one end of the windscreen can cause a fissure through to the opposite side! This is one reason why Solana Windscreens is a completely mobile windscreen repair service. Our technicians will come to you at a time that suits you, whether it’s at home, work, or anywhere else in Harare.
By coming to you, our Solana Windscreens Mobile Windscreen Repair service will save you time and money. This would otherwise be spent travelling to and from a workshop. Plus if you use your vehicle for work, it will translate into less time off the road, and more time earning a living.
For damage that is no bigger than a 5 cent coin, there is a good chance that repair is possible. However, this will also depend on how deep a crack or chip has penetrated. If the damage has affected the middle layers of your windscreen, it may be better to replace the windscreen completely.
If you notice any damage to your windscreen – whether you drive a truck, commercial vehicle, luxury car or family car, contact Solana Windscreens as soon as you can to avoid further damage. It could be the difference between a simple and fast repair or a more expensive change. Every Solana Windscreens technician is qualified to repair and replace windscreens for all makes and models. All work carried out is to the highest standard.
Can My Windscreen be Repaired? As mentioned above, it is possible to repair minor scratches, chips, and cracks. We can repair the glass by injecting a special resin into the affected area. However, the number of factors determine whether we are able to repair the damage or if we will need to replace the glass completely. So why is it important to repair glass instead of just leaving it?
It is important to fix a chip as soon as possible. Even day to day driving can see the smallest of chips turn into a large crack. Sometimes a chip can fracture out to look like a spider’s web. If more damage occurs, repairing your glass might not be an option. It’s best to call Solana Windscreens as soon as possible.
1. Crack Repairs: Windscreen cracks need expert assessment and treatment. This is due to the fact cracks threaten the structural integrity of your windscreen and car. As a result, your car may no longer be safe or roadworthy. Having a crack repaired or your windscreen replaced urgently is important.
3. Windscreen Replacement: There are times when the damage to a windscreen is too major and/or in the wrong spot to simply repair the problem. In these cases, we will need to replace the entire windscreen. A Solana Windscreens technician will make this call during the assessment process.
4. Windscreen Chip Repair: While windscreen chips may seem minor, they can quickly spread. This can cause irreversible damage to your windscreen if left unaddressed. A windscreen is made of different layers, which are hard to notice unless you know what you’re looking for. Often a stone may only chip the outer layer, and repair is very possible. However, if that chip moves deeper or wider in the glass, repair may not be possible.
Our team here at Solana Windscreens are professionals with a wealth of knowledge across all makes and models. We use cutting edge technology and industry-leading techniques to ensure your windscreen is successfully repaired to the highest Zimbabwean standards. This process involves injecting a special resin that prevents the chip or cracks from spreading – essentially freezing any movement.
A small chip can turn into a costly crack in no time. It is vital that you get a chip checked and fixed as soon as possible. A repaired crack will be almost invisible, and the entire windscreen will be strong again, protecting your car and you.
How Are Windscreen Chips Repaired? Every Solana Windscreens technician has windscreen repair down to a fine art.
Once assessed as a windscreen that is appropriate for repair, a technician will repair it in just four steps:
1. The scratch, chip, or crack is cleaned to remove dirt, debris and glass fragments. This is done so the resin can bond more effectively and improve the appearance of the end result. If this step is missed, you might find that the end result is more visible to the eye.
2. A vacuum seal will then be applied to the damaged section of the windscreen to remove any air trapped inside the affected area. This frees air and allows the liquid resin to penetrate any gaps within a scratch, chip, or crack. This results in a stronger bond and a tougher finish.
3. When the resin has completely filled the damaged area, our Solana Windscreens technician will cure it with UV light. This step is vital to ensure the structural integrity of the windscreen.
4. Finally, the technician will scrape, clean, and polish the newly repaired area of the windscreen to ensure the surface is smooth and clear. The damage will be nearly impossible to see.
These four simple steps don’t take long. In fact, the average repair time for a chipped, cracked or scratched windscreen is around 30 minutes. After that time, you will be able to jump back in the driver’s seat immediately. You can feel safe knowing our workmanship is guaranteed for the life of your vehicle. This is perfect if you make your living on the road, as there is hardly any downtime.
You might feel the urge to brush off the tiniest amount of damage. But as we’ve already discussed above, that tiny amount of damage can weaken the glass and in turn encourage that damage to growing. This is where the phrase “a chip can turn into a crack” was derived.
As a result, you should always have a chip or crack assessed as soon as you see the damage. A chip smaller than a 5 cent piece can generally be repaired before it spreads into a crack that requires replacement.
Our expert team is trusted to respond quickly and act decisively. As a result, you can rely on us to provide you with superior windscreen chip repair, helping you save the expense of replacement costs.
The Best Windscreen Repair in Harare, Zimbabwe: Solana Windscreens technicians are the best in the industry. That’s a statement that our happy customers believe and that we strive to live up to.
The entire team at Solana Windscreens boasts extensive expertise and experience across all makes, models, and types of vehicles. This includes luxury and older cars. Whatever you drive, your car will get the care and attention it deserves, as well as an expert repair. Whether you have a newer car with intricate integrated technology in the windscreen, or an older car that requires urethane adhesive, we know how to expertly repair your car.
All new Solana Windscreens technicians receive training to elevate them to our high standards. All technicians are also educated in the latest procedures and technology to ensure the most correct operational standards and the best/fastest result is possible.
Windscreen Repair Cost: Solana Windscreens offer the best price guarantee with all our repairs. Our expert technicians will repair your car to as-new conditions, to strict Zimbabwean standards. Prices can vary based on the damage and other factors, so please contact us for a quote!
Our technicians will come to you – at home, at work or elsewhere around Harare. A damaged windscreen is inconvenient, which is why we aim to help you to make life easier where we can.
All repairs and replacements carried out by Solana Windscreens come with a lifetime warranty for your peace of mind. Contact Solana Windscreens today, for the best in local windscreen repair!